Are you ready to tackle this winter without running up large electricity bills? Then you should go through this article on top tips to stay warm during the winter without using too much energy. Since you have The tips given below will keep you from freezing over during this year’s long winter months as well as stop the hole from appearing in your pocket.
The first things you need to do before anything else are:
- Seal totally all cracks and crevices of your home that are allowing the heat to escape and the cold to come in especially in the attic.
- Close and seal all unused spaces including rooms and open passages and vents if you are not using them.
- Open the binds of the windows which allow sunlight to enter your house during the day and close others.
- Try to use the upper stories of your house for work during the day.
- Use the lowest level of the thermostat for heating in the day.
- Wear thick woolen socks all through the day and night when possible.
- Wear warm clothes inside the house as much as possible without hampering your activities
- Take hot water bottles with you to warm the bed when you go to sleep.
- Close the door of the room where you work or sleep or stay for the longest time of the day, use space heaters and turn down the thermostat.
- Use the heat of the oven to keep the house warm by keeping the kitchen door ajar.
- Whenever together, try to share the same blanket to use your body heat.
- Drink warm fluids, tea and coffee often to keep your body warm.
- Eat food rich in healthy fats like fish, butter and hot soups to keep you warm.
- If you have a fireplace, light a fire to make the room warm.
So,are you already feeling warm thinking about warm clothes, warm food, warm woolen socks and hot water bottles?